• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCLA MFE 2023 "Ask Me Anything" with the Executive Director of the UCLA Anderson MFE program

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Committed_to_UCLAAndersonMFE I have been admitted by UCLA (THANK YOU SO MUCH BTW!) and have some questions about my admission:
1. I realised under the employment report that not as many hedge funds/market makers are advertised under the recent employers portion. Could you elaborate on why? I have a specific interest in that space during to a personal goal.
2. I am pretty strapped for funds and might have some trouble attending the programme without some funding. Is there some way I can appeal for a larger scholarship to help with finances?

Thanks for the advice :)
Dear Kaventkw, first, CONGRATS! What a wonderful achievement! Given you have very specific and personal questions here pertaining to your acceptance and career intentions, I would recommend that you send me an email directly outside of Quantnet. I'm curious what hedgefunds you are targeting? We don't have a full list of employers on our website -- it's a sample but we do have alums at hedgefunds. Feel free to email me at alysa.turkowitz@anderson.ucla.edu.

Please send me an email and attach the information about the other competing offer. If they provided you with funding, please know that they may NOT pressure you to give a response before April 15th. That is against the graduate school alliance agreement. alysa.turkowitz@anderson.ucla.edu
Dear Alysa,

I hope all is well!

I have submitted my UCLA interview but have found myself in a similar situation: a competing offer (including funding) with the deadline approaching. I would like to know the specific details I should include in the email.
Thank you for your help!

Warm Regards,
Manas Baviskar.

ear Alysa,

I hope all is well!

I have submitted my UCLA interview but have found myself in a similar situation: a competing offer (including funding) with the deadline approaching. I would like to know the specific details I should include in the email.
Thank you for your help!

Warm Regards,
Manas Baviskar.
Dear Manas, please do send me an email and I'll make sure we review with the admissions team if you haven't already heard back. Sincerely, Alysa

Hello,
I wanted to ask if decisions started going out for round 2 and when can we expect a decision to be made as a lot of deadlines are coming soon

Hello,
I wanted to ask if decisions started going out for round 2 and when can we expect a decision to be made as a lot of deadlines are coming soon
Hi Enruiz, sorry that I'm late to get to this one. I do believe decisions have already gone out but you can always check in with the admissions office and email them if you haven't heard back yet. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back