• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Asking univ. to come up with decision soon

I have been admitted in Michigan and have to inform my decision soon.
I am still awaiting decisions from Chicago/Cornell/NYU/CMU.

I read in one of Andy's posts, that it is a good (and safe as well) practice to ask universities to come with decision by letting them know that I have to confirm admission in any university.

Andy, in your opinion, can I mail these universities to bit hurry up saying that I have to confirm decision in Michigan?
Wont it create a negative impact on decision as they might think that I can reject their offer because of Michigan?

Many Thanks.

(P.S. Andy, I have sent you personal message as well for same. Just posted here in case you miss that message)

If you write it in a kind way it is supposed to be OK. Mentioning they are your top choice but still you don't want to end up with nothing and bla bla. I wrote this to a couple of places and they were kind, all in all they let me know they will do their best to reply as soon as possible but cannot give me any deadlines. Good luck ;)

Back