• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

[Aug 11, 2012] QuantNet NYC August Meetup (new york)

Sure Andy! Sounds awesome!

How does Aug 11th at 5pm sound?

Sure Andy! Sounds awesome!
How does Aug 11th at 5pm sound?
As long as the place is accessible by train, it's fine. Is this a bar inside a hotel? I just had some quick google and found mostly pics of hotel rooms, not the bar.
We have an Events section here that would be a good use for this.

Yes it is actually a really cool library lounge in the hotel...it is very very close to the WTC path....so everyone in jersey city and hoboken is also welcome to come.

If you guys have other locations in mind go ahead--I am not tied to this one...

Hi Nathalie,

Would love to have an informal quant type thing on Aug 11th...where in nyc are you going to be?

Aug 11-th is fine. I should be in LaGuardia at 9am provided the plane is on schedule. Aug 11-th and 12-th are very flexible. During the week only late evenings would be available for me (just in case).

Andy: I would be happy to give you my cell phone number if we actually get serious about this. It is nice to have means to be in touch.

I'm cool with that as well. Of course I have to make sure it does not conflict with class...

From memory I should be free after 9pm on any of the weekdays. I'll edit this if needed.
Possibly somewhat later on Wednesday.

Still in hopes to get together with you guys :).

The idea is to pick a date that gets the max # of votes. Then we can do another poll for the time slot.

As it's been my experience, the more options you give, the less chance it will happen. The poll result is indicative of that.
I say we stick with the original plan, time and place.
Aug 11th, 5PM at that lobby bar.

The sooner we set this date, the more time we have to promote it.
I know a few MFE students from out of town interning in NYC right now and it's a good time to get together before the summer is over.

Awesome Andy! Will definitely make it if finalized.....

Em, Im from India. Is there a possibility this could be streamed over the web/recorded ?

Back