• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

bachelor of finance

Hello I am student from Russia and study in China. I am studying finance and I want to ask you. Can I do Masters of financial engineering if I am a bachelor of finance?. Or any suggestions about a good background of financial engineering.I will be glad to hear your advices .

Hello! I am applying to several Financial Engineering programs this year. Even though I am not an expert, I want to share with you some of my thoughts:

1. Mathematics
A lot of programs ask you to list out the math courses you have taken. I would recommend you to take calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, and probability theory.

2. Programming
I think you should take QuantNet C++ course for sure. I have taken one C++ course in college, but I don't think that's enough. I will take QuantNet C++ once I finish the other course I am taking right now, which is the Practical Python with Applications in Finance by Baruch College. So far I really like this Python course, since it is challenging (and thus useful).

3. Statistics
I have only taken two introductory statistics courses in total. I wish I took more, such as a course on time series analysis.

4. Finance
I'll skip this part since you are a finance major.

Back