• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Bankers Bonuses on the BBC radio

DominiConnor

Quant Headhunter
I was recently interviewed by the BBC about bonuses, and used my connections to help them talk to bankers about their bonuses. I agreed to do this since for once, there were some journalists who actually doing the research wanting to talk to people who know what's going on.

This was made more fun by the fact that nearly everyone who works for a bank gets death threats from their HR & PR people telling them never to talk to bankers.

This means we had to use the same protocols journalists use when talking to Chinese dissidents, including name changes and using actors so that their voices would not be recognised.

The results were broadcast last week, and if you want to listen the results are at: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/r4report/r4report_20110120-2040b.mp3

Back