• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE Baruch MFE Interview

So you automatically reject the people that seem "too prepared?"

We ask questions according to our knowledge that people post questions on different forums.

Our selection process seems to be well calibrated, given the success of our graduates.

Not doubting your selection process but your justification seems dubious : There does not need to be an irrevocable link between the success of your candidates and your selection process. Many factors affect your candidate's success and it need not be the case that every such factor is "well calibrated".

Moreover, I have a friend who made it in 2013 who stated that 80% of the questions were the same when I was considering applying to Baruch. It maybe the case that he is an exception if what you state is true.

moretodo - posting the questions from Chasedream on this thread was a good thing. Your reply above warrants one final comment: we put a lot of thought in our interview process, and we believe is very well calibrated and takes into account information available on different forums.

I wonder what happened to the good ol' days of preparing the right way? which is reading Dan's book?

Back