• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE Baruch MFE Interview

Hi,

Could someone please let me know on what fields a candidate is tested in telephonic interview for the Baruch MFE program.

Thanks

I don't know if I should answer...or wait till the Program Director of Baruch MFE who will interview you answers this question.

Both behavioral and technical questions (math, finance, possibly C++) are likely to be asked on the interview.

I don't know if I should answer...or wait till the Program Director of Baruch MFE who will interview you answers this question.​
I think it implies he knows. But it doesn't matter I was speaking in general. Still it is off-topic so it is pointless to discuss it; the author got the best possible answer 2 posts ago ;)

@Joy Pathak we answer and discuss everything about other programs, why not about Baruch ;)

Of course we can discuss Baruch. I was just saying that since I knew that our program director would reply considering he is relatively active on this forum.

A good rule of thumb is, make sure you know what's on your resume and know it well. yes, i know, this should be obvious, but people do forget :)

Btw, the point of knowing EVERYTHING on your resume well is very valid at any interview you are going to.

From what I understand, it's basically a "job interview"-style interview with one of the admissions committee members (all highly knowledgeable individuals in things quant finance). Expect it to be very difficult, Baruch's MFE program is VERY selective.

@Alexendra
>> how was it?
I think it went okay...

>>who interviewed you? what were you asked?
I am not sure if I can answer this in public forum so I will better keep my mouth shut.. :)

>>who interviewed you? what were you asked?
I am not sure if I can answer this in public forum so I will better keep my mouth shut.. :)

Why not ? :) There are a good dozen of such topics about interview questions at various companies - Jane Street, GS and Two Sigma to name just few and, more to say, I think that every graduate student, is very intersted to see more topics with interview questions at these companies on this and other forums.

On the other side, there are people who are interested to learn more about interview questions at the admission interviews. However, they don't expect precise questions - if such examples would be provided by admission office there would not be such questions ;) - but rather the level of questions one should expect, for example to point at page 43 from "A Primer for the Mathematics of Financial Engineering" or something like this ;)

Back