• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE vs Cornell MFE?

Hi, guys! I have received the offers from Baruch MFE and Cornell MFE? I am required to make decisions before Feb 25? Which one do you think is better?

Hi, guys! I have received the offers from Baruch MFE and Cornell MFE? I am required to make decisions before Feb 25? Which one do you think is better?

One has 100% placement rate with 100k+ starting salary but only requires 35k tuition.

The other requires 75k tuition but doesn't have better placement results.

Which one would you choose?

Cornell. NO brainer. Let me tell you a fact, reputation and brand name DOES matter. You will get all the interview you need by having Cornell on your resume. I never heard Baruch before.... Outside of NYC, nobody knows Baruch. Don't pigeonhole yourself in one city. With a Ivy league name, you can basically get most of the interview you want across the world. Will Baruch help you that? I seriously doubt it.

This forum has a very serious negative bias towards famous universities. Stop that. Just admit it, Baruch is a name that few people heard of before.

One has 100% placement rate with 100k+ starting salary but only requires 35k tuition.

The other requires 75k tuition but doesn't have better placement results.

Which one would you choose?
I am an international student from China. My plan is to work in US after graduation and come back China 3-5 years later. Can the work experience make up the disadvantage of brand?

I am an international student from China. My plan is to work in US after graduation and come back China 3-5 years later. Can the work experience make up the disadvantage of brand?

If tuition is not a major concern for your parents, choose Cornell. Otherwise, go to Baruch. You will get you what you need to succeed in both schools. It's just a fact that people outside the U.S. care so much about brand name.

i didnt know as one of the bottom ivies, cornell still managed to have some global brand name... one of my counterparts in europe never heard of any schools other than harvard yale stanford... i attended a middle ranked u of cali and a middle ranked ivy. unfortunately they often both fall into the "unheard of"/"the rest..." categories by the colleagues in the other side of atlantic

Last edited:
Back