• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch Pre-MFE Pre requisites

Hello QuantNet Team,

I recently completed the amazing C++ Programming for Financial Engineering Certification. I have some questions about the pre-requisites for the Pre-MFE courses at Baruch and would love to obtain some clarification.

I did my Bachelors Degree in Computer Science in UK awhile back. And unfortunately there weren't any Calculus or Linear Algebra modules that were required to be taken at University. I'm currently working full-time and it is a bit of a time constraint to physically go to college to complete the required Calculus modules for the Pre-requisites. On the other hand, I have come across a couple of US Universities that are offering 4 credit courses from Calc I to Calc III and Linear ALgebra on their online platforms (ex: University of North Dakota etc.). I was wondering whether completion of these online university credited courses would meet the Calculus and Linear Algebra requirements for the Pre-MFE courses at Baruch.

Thanks in advance for any insight and advice.

Back