• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Bear Mountain Hiking 4-25-2008

Hi all,

Good things in life always last too short, and to extend the life of this dying patient called "spring break", let's take a trip to our neighbor Bear Mountain on the coming Friday.

Below is the general schedule:

8:45 am: Depart from Port Authorities of New York
10:15 am : Arrive Bear Mountain Inn and begin our hiking
3:19 pm: Depart from Bear Mountain Inn to NYC
5:00 pm: Arrive NYC

It is a 4-hour(approximately) hiking and not difficult at all. There are some beautiful scenic near lakes.

Where to meet: West 40th Street and Dyer Ave.
When to meet: 8: 30 am on Friday

Reminder: You have to buy the roundtrip ticket to Bear Mountain by yourself. Please bring some food and drinks and we can have a picnic there:). Oh, and camera:)

Below is more detailed information.

Where to depart from NYC: Port Authority Bus Terminal New York. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
It is around W 40th and Dyer Ave(One block west of 9th Ave).
When: Buses depart from New York City daily at 8:45am bring you to the Inn at Bear Mountain State Park.
Price: Adult - $26.70 (round trip)

Return buses depart from Bear Mountain Inn daily at 3:19pm and arrive back at the Port Authority at 5:00pm.

The weather forecast for next Friday (it looks great!)
Partly Cloudy
High 69°F
Low 52°F
Perfect for hiking

The time for this event is April 25th, 2008, the coming Friday. I forgot to change the date of event, unfortunately...

make sure to post the pictures once you get back.

Worth to go...nice view (if you can get on top of the trail). Hiked Bear Mountain in autumn of 2004, amazing view.
Can't make it :(

This event is right up my alley. Too bad it's on a workday. Have Fun!

definitely nice! I would love to join if it were a weekend activity... looking forward to something similar in the near future.

Can't...feel...my...legs...

Where are the pics of Vadim's cliff? My kids don't believe me.....

I try to post some pics. But it always said my filesize is bigger than the maximum for jpg. Andy, what should I do?

I have just several pictures.
On the picture you can see Hessian Lake, I do not know whether it is anything to do with Newton’s method. :)
If somebody posts more pictures you will see Hudson River and a view from top of the Bear Mountain.
The hike was awesome!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 91
Back