• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Berkeley MFE AD

I receive a letter from Berkeley says "we will recommend to the Dean of the Graduate Division that you be admitted to the MFE Program for the Spring 2020 term. " After indicating my intent, it shows "Congratulations on your recommendation of admission! The next step for you is to accept our offer and reserve your place. Even if you decide not to attend, we would appreciate a response. We are eager to learn of your decision and hope to welcome you to the Berkeley MFE soon."

Does it mean I can expect to get an offer from this program? There is another program worse than Berkeley MFE, which requires me to indicate my intent this week. Should reject that program?

Hey Arthur, many congratulations!

Do you mind sharing your profile? Also how did your interview go?

G153+170, GPA 3.9, 3 quant internships, one in big bank and two in small companies.

Interview is a tech interview based on courses on my transcript. You'd better to review all courses you have done. GL!

Hey I received an offer from UCB for their spring 2020 MFE program and it said they will send my file to the dean of the graduate division once I complete all the pre requisites by Jan 2020. The status is NOT on hold or waitlist.
One of the pre requisites among others was retaking GRE to get a 90th percentile or higher quant score. I currently have an 80th percentile score in quant.
Any idea if they waive off this condition if I am working full time and won’t get time to prepare for it again? And if they revoke the offer if I don’t satisfy this one condition?

I am not sure, but I think it would not be that hard to earn 170 on quant. I took gre test twice and received 170 on both of them. The first time I spent one day preparing quant, while the second time I spent less than 2 hours. Some questions are tricky, but no question is hard. What about the other prerequisites? If this is the only hard one for you, I think it is not a big deal. Be confident! I am sure you can make it!

Hey I received an offer from UCB for their spring 2020 MFE program and it said they will send my file to the dean of the graduate division once I complete all the pre requisites by Jan 2020. The status is NOT on hold or waitlist.
One of the pre requisites among others was retaking GRE to get a 90th percentile or higher quant score. I currently have an 80th percentile score in quant.
Any idea if they waive off this condition if I am working full time and won’t get time to prepare for it again? And if they revoke the offer if I don’t satisfy this one condition?
Are you sure they will send your file to the dean in Jan 2020
I was told it would be done in the next week or so

He is talking about if he could reach the prerequisite, they will send his file to Dean. BTW, I just wonder what the odds are that they recommend you to dean but dean reject.

I was told that they have forwarded my file to the office of Graduate Studies and should hear back soon. I am also supposed to complete certain pre-requisites. Not sure anymore if getting the letter is conditional on completing the prerequisites but it did not seem like from the language of the mail.

I was told that they have forwarded my file to the office of Graduate Studies and should hear back soon. I am also supposed to complete certain pre-requisites. Not sure anymore if getting the letter is conditional on completing the prerequisites but it did not seem like from the language of the mail.
The offer is conditional on completing the required prerequisites.
You will get the letter soon

Has your background check been completed?

Back