• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Berkeley MFE Interview Invite

What to expect in Berkeley interviews?
Just want to know, if they only ask Resume based questions or ask some other topics as well.

Did you receive an interview invite? If so, may I ask when you received your invite?

It was good. You should expect 2-3 questions from any of the above topics discussed. Mainly, they'll see what topic you have on your resume, and ask questions on that. You can also expect some questions on the current market news. All and all, it is good. Little bit of revision should be fine.

Topic can be Stats, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability, ML, Equity, Derivatives, Programming.

This is the fastest decision ever - One day after the interview, they sent UCB admit letter...
Congrats!!!!! I had my interview one week ago but didn’t hear anything. Couldn’t find much past year information. Does it mean a rejection for me?

Congrats!!!!! I had my interview one week ago but didn’t hear anything. Couldn’t find much past year information. Does it mean a rejection for me?
Thanks, I would not read anything into this early decision from UCB, totally surprising how fast they came back, literally in less than 24 hours after the interview is completed. State schools do not make decisions that fast. :) It is a long way to go, don't be discouraged.

Thanks, I would not read anything into this early decision from UCB, totally surprising how fast they came back, literally in less than 24 hours after the interview is completed. State schools do not make decisions that fast. :) It is a long way to go, don't be discouraged.
Your profile must be impressive! Fingers cross on my application...

@bosbop is your acceptance deadline in the upcoming week as well? Berkeley MFE is indeed a great program and I'm happy with the relatively less response time of the adcom. Do you know when the deposit deadline would be? (I read somewhere that its 10 days after you click the accept button- please correct me if I'm wrong). I got accepted to Columbia as well and both have same deadlines now but I prefer Berkeley.

@bosbop is your acceptance deadline in the upcoming week as well? Berkeley MFE is indeed a great program and I'm happy with the relatively less response time of the adcom. Do you know when the deposit deadline would be? (I read somewhere that its 10 days after you click the accept button- please correct me if I'm wrong). I got accepted to Columbia as well and both have same deadlines now but I prefer Berkeley.
I think there is one more step, they will issue a letter from Graduate school Dean's office. I will ask Linda@ucb about deposit timeline, we have a call scheduled. Did they ask you to talk with her?

I think there is one more step, they will issue a letter from Graduate school Dean's office. I will ask Linda@ucb about deposit timeline, we have a call scheduled. Did they ask you to talk with her?
No, I haven't yet accepted the offer/replied via mail to the team. I think Linda's call could happen anytime from what I read on the forum. Let me know once you get more information on it. Thanks!

Back