• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Berkeley MFE Interview Invite

Yeah, I think they do, maybe they are now evaluating the first part of applications for the first round. I applied on the last day but really dont know if that is how it works.

No, I haven't yet accepted the offer/replied via mail to the team. I think Linda's call could happen anytime from what I read on the forum. Let me know once you get more information on it. Thanks!
I did not get much more info than what I already know about UCB. Basically, it is a 20 minute one-to-one sales pitch how great UCB is. Keeping all options open at this point.

I did not get much more info than what I already know about UCB. Basically, it is a 20 minute one-to-one sales pitch how great UCB is. Keeping all options open at this point.
Haha, yeah, I think post-admit interview would definitely just be a conversation about the nice aspects of the program. But did you confirm about the deposit? I don't really want some sort of countdown timer for deposit running the moment I click the accept button. Albeit, Berkeley is definitely a great program but I am all ears to other admits/scholarships etc and would like to take time to evaluate all options.

Haha, yeah, I think post-admit interview would definitely just be a conversation about the nice aspects of the program. But did you confirm about the deposit? I don't really want some sort of countdown timer for deposit running the moment I click the accept button. Albeit, Berkeley is definitely a great program but I am all ears to other admits/scholarships etc and would like to take time to evaluate all options.
Unfortunately, I do not have any more info on deposit. It seems a bit of process for UCB Graduate Admissions office to sort out he details of formal process of letter, etc. Since it is a state school, I expect it to be slower and a bit more student friendly.

Bump. Still waiting for an interview invite. If anyone received it this week please update it here. That would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah, me neither, I talked to a friend that got into the UCB MFE 21 and told me that he got interviewed like 3 days before the deadline, so I think if we are not getting a rejection yet, it means that we still have a chance.

Yeah, me neither, I talked to a friend that got into the UCB MFE 21 and told me that he got interviewed like 3 days before the deadline, so I think if we are not getting a rejection yet, it means that we still have a chance.
Thanks for this information! It gives me more hope now and best of luck to us all!!

In my case I waived the GRE but the admissions team told me that they will give me a decision without that, in your case did you waived it?

In my case I waived the GRE but the admissions team told me that they will give me a decision without that, in your case did you waived it?
I submitted my GRE since I took it and got a decent score. But this year is so special that they should’ve adjusted their review process to be able to make a decision without a GRE score.

thanks for the info, If I get an interview invite I will let you know, best of luck to you.

What's the deadline for them to send out interview invites for the first admission cycle?

Back