• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Berkeley MFE Interview

I received an interview invitation last week. They asked me to call an alumnus tomorrow. Did those who applied for 1st round also get the invitation?

I heard it might be a technical interview but do you guys know what type of questions I shall expect?

Thank you very much!

Congrats for the interview...

Would appreciate if you can let us know the format of interview and kind of questions asked..

Best of luck .

I would imagine it depends on the person who is interviewing you, but my experience was 4 or 5 technical questions and some chit chat at the end regarding where your interests lie. Couple math/stats/stochastic calc questions, derivative pricing and construction questions, programming question, and a brain teaser

Nothing from them...I am kinda worried whether I can proceed to the next round of interview. For those who are going to have the interview:
An alumnus asked me a few very basic questions. Nothing fancy. They just want to test your grasp of basic probability and finance. Make sure you know something about the Black-Sholes formula. I heard that each interviewer ask different questions so...

I have my interview later on today. What type of basic probability questions did they ask? Did they go into MLE's and more advanced probability and statistics questions?

hey guys I also applied for the program but havent got any response from them till now. Is there any hope now..

hey guys I also applied for the program but havent got any response from them till now. Is there any hope now..

They will announce the results only by March end. Until then, I don't think we should jump to conclusions or estimate our chances. The truth is that we do not know what is going on within the admissions committee. We do not know the profiles of pool of applicants, where we stand with respect to others, what kind of decisions they are taking etc.
You have prepared the best possible application, and you have done everything you could. How the admissions committee views your application is outside your control.
Therefore, I think it is best to just let go. No use worrying about things outside your sphere of control. Though I'll be the first person to admit that it is easier said than done...
Just my thoughts. :)

I believe last yr by this time people started getting the offers...
all those who had their interviews did you hear anything after that ..

Back