• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Better college in Ireland

Hi,
I have done my B.Tech and MBA(Finance) and having a work experience of 2 years in Financial Services. Moreover, I am interested in doing MS in quantitative Finance from UCD or MS in Computational Finance from University of Limerick to grow up in my career. How about the job opportunities in Financial Service sectors like Banks or NBFC etc.? How about the placement record of both colleges?

Dublin is very expensive and rental prices are essentially unregulated. A small apartment can be 2k per month.
Limerick is a lot smaller than Dublin.

Dublin is very expensive and rental prices are essentially unregulated. A small apartment can be 2k per month.
Limerick is a lot smaller than Dublin.
Actually, I am looking from the side of job prospect.Please tell me which college degree will give more value....

I am not really familiar, but UCD is more well known, I suppose. Is TCD not possible?

I am not really familiar, but UCD is more well known, I suppose. Is TCD not possible?

I got offer from UCD for MS in Quantitative Finance but due to some personal issue, I cannot accept their offer......Is it suggestable to apply for Ms in Financial Risk Management in TCD? Please suggest me.....

I am not familiar with the TCD programme, (my alma mater) I would say it should be fairly rigorous. It is Ireland's most prestigious and oldest (1592!) university and an amazing campus. Smack right in city centre and 15 minutes walk from the financial area. I don't live in Ireland at the moment so I don't have first-hand information. It still makes a good impression if you say you went to Trinity.

And Dublin is booming, again.. My feeling is that good jobs are to be found.

feel free to drop me a pm if you have queries.

Last edited:
I am not familiar with the TCD programme, (my alma mater) I would say it should be fairly rigorous. It is Ireland's most prestigious and oldest (1592!) university and an amazing campus. Smack right in city centre and 15 minutes walk from the financial area. I don't live in Ireland at the moment so I don't have first-hand information. It still makes a good impression if you say you went to Trinity.

And Dublin is booming, again.. My feeling is that good jobs are to be found.

feel free to drop me a pm if you have queries.

Hey! I got an offer from UCD MSc Financial Mathematics. Since Trinity has no quant program as such so I applied to UCD.​

Last edited:
Back