Blog: Articles on C++11 and Computational Finance (by Daniel J. Duffy)

Daniel Duffy

C++ author, trainer
For me videos are not an efficient way of studying/learning (there probably a few are exceptions, i.e.

How will you learn C++ otherwise? random internet copy and paste?

My videos are in 1:1 correspondence with code reality. Study them and then start coding. Be patient.

Get it working
then
Get it right
then and only then
Get it optimised

Last edited:
Alright, I found the detailed syllabus by clicking on something which at first just looked like graphics and not a button.
Hi,
I have updated the pages for the C++ courses changing the text link for the syllabus to say "Course Details". You can click on that link or button above it to get the syllabus PDF. I hope it's easier to find now.

Daniel Duffy

C++ author, trainer
UML class diagrams for Gang of Four (GOF) Design patterns.

Handy card.

Attachments

• 1658849956751.pdf
    82.7 KB · Views: 3
What are the reasons for the popularity of the C++ language in quantitative finance?
I have asked two "big shots" within the quantitative finance realm about which programming language to learn, they both mentioned C++.

Daniel Duffy

C++ author, trainer
What are the reasons for the popularity of the C++ language in quantitative finance?
I have asked two "big shots" within the quantitative finance realm about which programming language to learn, they both mentioned C++.
Did they give reasons or was it just "mentioned"?
And now you're asking me?

To be honest, I did not dare to send a following email with further questions after receiving replies to the first one I sent.
The reason is that they replied late at night, which means (I guess) that they are very busy.

Daniel Duffy

C++ author, trainer
To be honest, I did not dare to send a following email with further questions after receiving replies to the first one I sent.
The reason is that they replied late at night, which means (I guess) that they are very busy.
Worlk work, work.
People should relax more, like doing C++.

Last edited: