• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Boston MSMFT BU interview fall 2013

diegosanaz

BU MSMF
Hello, I just got an interview invitation for BU. I am starting this thread because I´m sure many others also got invites. Here is the information I have so far from a similar thread from last year: many people having invites got admitted and the interviews seem to be about the CV and the interest of the program.

Please share any other information you have. My interview date is for 12-12. I wish good luck to all other applicants.

Mine is on 12-17. They issued the invitation within a few days of my application submission so I was under the impression most (if not all) applicants got interviews. Any ideas what percentage of applicants get interviews?

No idea. From the tracker it seems that not everybody got interviews (but it might just be that the just did not gave that information). My guess is that they just do a general check (GRE, bachelor degree, GPA) to rule out the guys that do not have a chance. They get a little over a 1,000 applicants, I doubt they have time to interview all of them.

Hey my interview is on 12-12 too
Only behavioural questions right?
You guys preparing anything specific?

I am just preparing to say about why I want to go to BU and my interest in mathematical finance. Stuff I prepared on the essay but I will have the opportunity to elaborate more in the interview. Mine is at 12:00pm EST. Yours?

Mine is on12-14. I wonder whether there are some technical questions. HR questions are easy to find n my essays include some while what about some professional?
Besides, the program in BU focus on finance or maths?

Mines at 11 AM so guess I can warn you if anything too bad happens

I don't think they ask any technical questions

Good luck to all who have their interview on the 12th! Any chance you could let us know what it's like? Thanks!

I had my interview with Dana
She was quite nice, nothing technical
questions were along the lines of why math fin, y BU, career goals, internships, and other resume related questions
She said they'd let us know by 18th Jan

BU sent me an e-mail saying they identified me as a "preferred candidate" and also as part of their International Outreach or something like that program they are looking for students from my country specifically, guess I should send a R2 for all the trouble they went through :P

BU sent me an e-mail saying they identified me as a "preferred candidate" and also as part of their International Outreach or something like that program they are looking for students from my country specifically, guess I should send a R2 for all the trouble they went through :P
Congratulations! Bless me...!

Back