• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE BU MMF vs NYU-Poly MFE

Hello guys,
I am aware that a similar thread has been discussed before but I believe nothing certain came out of it. Kindly consider this one again:

I have got admits in NYU-Poly (MFE) and BU (MMF) for Fall 2009 and have to decide between the two. I have done my research of pros and cons as follows:
BU Pros:
1. BU has better reputation than Poly.
2. This year the course has been shifted to the school of Management so Im assuming that will add value to the course.
3. It provides internship as part of its cuiiculum.

BU Cons:

1. Curriculum covers 10 subjects only, includes few basic subjects that could be replaced with other finance subjects.
2. More expensive compared to Poly.

Poly Pros:
1.Location
2. A plethora of electives to choose from.
3. With the recent NYU merger, if Poly can use career resources of NYU, job prospects are promising

Poly Cons:
1. Does not have a really good reputation.
(This is all I could obtain as cons of Poly)
I would appreciate it if people could share their views on this topic.

Disclaimer: The above mentioned pros and cons are my inferences from what I have found. It may very well not be true.

You may want to consider using proper English. You don't have to have perfect grammar but don't use words like dats, cud, ull, nuin, shd, knw, dis, etc. Doing so will only make your post seem juvenile and people will be less inclined to reply.

That was my first post. I was unaware of certain unsaid conventions. Its in a legible form now.

Back