• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Buy side OMS software suggestions

we always have a choice to either develop our own OMS (order management system) or buy off the shelf. Both has it's pros and cons. Due to limited resources and limits time to go live, lot of people decide to buy off the shelf products in the beginning.

At an early stages, I am looking to buy an off the shelf product as well. As I start my research on google for the available products, I was amazed to see so many products available and all off them offer various features. Some supports very low frequency trading to limited product types etc. I couldn't find a one place comparison of these products to help me select one that will match my needs. I am mainly interested in a connectivity solution to brokers and not interested in a GUI platform. We will develop our own platform with automated trading capabilities. We need a product which has connectivity to various brokers, support for various products etc and a good API with sufficient call backs for order management.
My requirements are as below:
1. Multi asset support (Equities, futures, FX, commodities)
2. DMA and Algo support
3. Coverage of global markets (exchanges, ECNs)
4. coverage of brokers (lead brokers in each region, country etc)
5. 24/7 support and support for adding new features/products/markets etc
6. cost
Could you share your experiences with products, or you think is a good product or some comparison?

I am looking at Fidessa, Eze Software, FlexONE as of now.

Regards,
madjoe

Back