C++ Online Programming Cert Testimonials

longgamma

C++ Student
" Especially, the part on OOP, is so important as you learn to make your code modular and can apply it in any use case."

It's good to see that OO design and OOP is appreciated. Writing flexible and maintainable software is so important in real life.
Yes! OOP is an amazing software design concept. I mean, I do see a change in even simple Excel VBA macros I write. Earlier, my code used to be monolithic and used a lot of loops. Now, its a lot cleaner, VBA doesnt have real OOP but does have basic classes and inheritance and I am making use of it!

Additionally, completing this course has really helped me learn Python much faster.

nelsonyhy

C++ Student
I took this course and the Advanced course in order to meet the prerequisite of MFE program. I am not a CS major and prior to this course, I only had taken one CS course in school so my background in C++ programming was weak. However, this course really helped me to walk through the essence of OOP in C++ and its intersection with Financial Engineering. Recently, I relied on this course to pass a round of quant interview in a French bank which I would not have done so months ago. I cannot thank enough to the feedback that Avi has provided throughout the course.

Zhichun ZHAO

C++ Student
Very high quality content. As for me I was totally a beginner of C++, but this course just guided me step by step to code and solve financial problem. TA has great patience and they are ready to help you anytime. In the end I'm really satisfied with what I have learned!

geoffreyzhao

C++ Student
Nice course. Awesome TA! The assignments were designed to push us to move away from comfort zone. I would love to learn more for FDM. Overall, this is a very good course!

LOU XIAO

C++ Student
Really love prof. Danial. And APalley is a really nice TA, who responded to my posts and messages quickly. I feel I have become more sophisticated than my classmates who don't register this course. In all, really recommend this course.

EmilyXu

C++ Student
This course is well-structured, well-taught and perfect for a new starter of C++. Previously, I had some programming in other languages like Python and Matlab, but C++ is very different. By taking this course, I have a more profound understanding of various concepts in C++ programming. I enjoyed the process of resolving problems in practice and finally put the knowledge into application in finance.

YShen

C++ Student
I enjoy this course. It is amazing that it can cover the core topics of C++ programming with just 9 lectures. The homework exercises are well designed and each of them installs a key concept. The quizzes are challenging, which motivate me to dig deeper to truly understand the language. I really appreciate the teaching approach taken by my TA, which does not involve a lot of hand-holding. Instead of giving out the answers right away, he motivates me to think and search independently. I benefit a lot from this approach. Overall it is a great learning experience.

Many thanks to @APalley and @GONG CHEN for answering my questions and providing feedback.

Daniel Duffy

C++ author, trainer
Thank you.
The fact that we can do everything is 9 lectures is partly the result of continuous improvement since 1990 (thousands of course attendees, from industry and financial institutions as well).

Last edited:

Bruce koushi

C++ Student
The course is great! The course content not only covers the most basic and important features in C++ but also provide some insights about its application in computational finance, which is very helpful for me, who has little major background knowledge. Ta is also very helpful, ready to solve my problems as soon as possible. It is a very good online-learning experience!