• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Programming Cert Testimonials

Excellent course it is. Not only teach you syntax thing like normal programming courses do, but also programming ideas and QF applications that can also be used in other language. What’s more, if you want to get a solid programming ability from the course, hardworking needed!
Thank you. Feels like 4 courses rolled into one :cool:

Before attending the course, I only had some experience on Python and some other statistics software. However, this courses is well-structured for beginners in C++ so that I went quite smoothly.
This course contains many topics which are really useful and rich in content for a starter in financial engineering like me! The materials were detailed and accurate, with professor's clear explanation. As I went through the materials, the quizes and homework could remind me to pay attention to details and the forum provided great help. Thanks to TA's answer to my personal questions and to other students' questions, I could correct my bugs in HW! Many thanks to my TA Avi Palley and many other students in this course! :giggle:

I was able to get a solid background in C, C++, Object-oriented and generic programming, C++ libraries such as boost and STL and also on financial applications such as Option Pricing, Monte Carlo simulations, Finite Difference and lattice methods. My TA @APalley was very prompt in his responses and gave great insight to improve my homework submissions. A big thank you to @Daniel Duffy for structuring this course so well. It was definitely an awesome learning experience!

Finally finished the program and wish to share my experience here. This is an amazing program and I have learned a great deal. I have very little programming experience before joining this program but I now feel much more confident in reading and communicating in codes. I certainly cannot fly yet and it still takes me a lot of time to understand what the codes are trying to entail; however, I think I have learned how to crawl now or at least know how crawl looks like. I like to give special thanks to my TA @APalley who is dedicated to exceptional services and always give me valuable feedback on the same day when I submitted my assignment. For propective students, this is an intensive program and requires serious amount of efforts and dedications each week. If your intention is to obtain a certificate quickly so you can put C++ on your resume, this course may not be the best choice. However, if you are serious about learning C++ and interested in finance, I cannot think of any other offerings can deliver the same value. Happy to discuss privately if you want to know anything about the program from a student's perspective. If you are curious what I am planning to do next, I would say I want to take a couple of months to really digest what I have leanred in the past couple months, try to undersatnd codes provided in the lecture in a greater depth, and move on to the Advanced C++ program. Thanks again to Quantnet to provide this amazing program.

Haha "zhb[5]" how come I didn't think of that. Your course made my whole semester worthwhile so you're welcome!
Well, I have an eye for those kinds of things? You could do a change control request to Admin :cool:

In the 60s they used numbers a lot

Last edited:
I finish the course yesterday. It seems that I can still recall every hour I spent solving problems or debugging on every exercise project. This course will not only develop your skills in C++ OOP and GP,but it also make you brave enough to face up to any difficulty you may meet in your career. Either doing exercise along or learning with TA and other students, it's an enjoyable study journey for everyone who want to step into programming related fields.

I finish the course yesterday. It seems that I can still recall every hour I spent solving problems or debugging on every exercise project. This course will not only develop your skills in C++ OOP and GP,but it also make you brave enough to face up to any difficulty you may meet in your career. Either doing exercise along or learning with TA and other students, it's an enjoyable study journey for everyone who want to step into programming related fields.
Well done! "if you can make it on QN C++ you can make it anywhere"!

I joined this course for the purpose of gaining beginner to intermediate level C++ concepts and usage in Finance industry. I was always curious to code in C++ for Option pricing, given my math, computer science background, and decade of experience in prop trading area. This course has given me strong concept in Generic Programming and OOP, with initial concept on Option price calculation. All video lectures by @Daniel Duffy is within certain time limit to grasp concepts, and practical program run in each video made concept more clear. I can't say enough about my TA @APalley , for each assignment he had his feedback on my code ready withing 12 hours, faster than my expectation. Moreover, on each feedback, I went back and implemented comments before proceeding to next level. It made each level concept lucid, true to say "practice, practice, and practice". It is always good to practically program to learn concept than reading book. Home Work are well design. It is best course for anyone who truly wants to learn C++ for their own interest at professional or personal level. Course site is easy to work, search for questions which might have answered already in forum, navigation, topic aggregation, thanks to @Andy Nguyen.

Best and substantial course.

Everything I would say is pretty much already well illustrated through these previous pages/posts, so I will just reaffirm the previous posts by saying the course is great. You will learn a lot, but more importantly you will have a clear road map for what is next to learn, which I believe is most important of all. Learning never stops, but that is a good thing!

I don't usually write reviews for things but this course has been extremely phenomenal. In fact, the best thing to come out of this is that I have lost my fear of coding and I am now capable of far more than I ever was before I started this course. The exercises are very well structured in such a way that you apply the concepts taught in the lectures and in this sense such concepts remain ingrained into your brain as you have seen it in action per se. The instructor Daniel Duffy has done a phenomenal job of constructing the course in a way that develops your understanding at each level and my TA Avi Palley is extremely humble, intelligent and patient, providing quick and useful feedback on the homeworks as well as being extremely helpful on the forums. Finally, the forum experience is what truly makes this course unique, reading through threads to see the interaction between the TAs and the students as they work through errors in code and in turn, learning a great deal yourself (one of the best learning tools IMO).

Anyone still reading this thread, I cannot stress enough how much I recommend this course if you want to go from zero coding experience in C++ to a competent programmer in the language in such a short span of time (I would've taken months to get to where I am now in just a matter of weeks).

Back