• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin Calling all MIT MFin 2015 Candidates + Alumni

Big Congrats to everyone who got accepted into the program this year! I'm anxious to meet everyone in a few months down the road and look forward to a challenging year ahead of us!

I created this thread so that people can get to know one another before hand, pose and discuss any question or concern about the program, and generally just become more aware of this soon-to-be a big part of our lives.

Cheers!

Last edited:
My name is Trudy Pham, from Vietnam originally. I go to Beloit College, a small liberal arts in the Midwest studying Economics and Mathematics, passed CFA I last December (looking for buddies to study for the Level II?, contact me!) Excited to be done with undergrad in May and start with grad school in July!

I'll be coming to AdMit day!

Hi Trudy! I'll be at the admit days as well. I studied Finance at Northeastern University in Boston. Graduated last year. I've been working at Harvard's endowment since then.

Hi Trudy, Im flying to MIT for my interview next week. Any tips?
Much appreciated!

Hi Trudy, Im flying to MIT for my interview next week. Any tips?
Much appreciated!
Hi Phil, thanks for reaching out, and congrats on making it to the interview round! from my experience last year, you definitely don’t need to know the program inside out, but knowing the featured elements will be helpful (e.g. FRP, Proseminar). Action Learning is something Sloan prides itself on, so try to read a bit about this aspect and express an interest (if any!). Other than that, prepping for basic behavioral interview questions to show your interest and fit in the school and program, why you like (or want to learn) finance, why a master degree rather than an MBA, that sort of thing. At the end of the day, I believe the admission office wants to bring in people who can help diversify and build this community, but they also want to ensure that you will have a good time here during MFin!

Relax, plan to dress warmly for the weather, and good luck with your interview :)
Trudy.

Thanks Trudy!
Hi Phil, thanks for reaching out, and congrats on making it to the interview round! from my experience last year, you definitely don’t need to know the program inside out, but knowing the featured elements will be helpful (e.g. FRP, Proseminar). Action Learning is something Sloan prides itself on, so try to read a bit about this aspect and express an interest (if any!). Other than that, prepping for basic behavioral interview questions to show your interest and fit in the school and program, why you like (or want to learn) finance, why a master degree rather than an MBA, that sort of thing. At the end of the day, I believe the admission office wants to bring in people who can help diversify and build this community, but they also want to ensure that you will have a good time here during MFin!

Relax, plan to dress warmly for the weather, and good luck with your interview :)
Trudy.

Back