Can I crash at your place?

Sam Harris

Space Systems Engineer
I'm flying in for the Financial Mathematics Career Fair on the 26th. I would like to meet you guys in person, and I also might need a place to stay. I have a friend in Columbia who works at Morgan Stanley, but he lives on Long Island and has a family, so he is unsure whether I will be able to stay with him. Does anyone have room on their floor (or an air mattress) that I could snag Thursday night and possibly Friday night as well?

Thanks!
Sam

Sam Harris

Space Systems Engineer
Two weeks away and still I am homeless... Anyone? I'll compensate you if necessary... If there is a reasonably priced hotel near NYU that is also clean and safe, let me know.

Thanks,
Sam

alain

Older and Wiser
If there is a reasonably priced hotel near NYU that is also clean and safe, let me know.

"Reasonably price" are the key words. I don't live in the city anymore so I can't offer you any help :(

Try priceline. I remember getting ridiculous deals in NY city all the time.

Hope you find someone in the city with a spare sofa. Most of us live in outer boroughs or further. sorry I can't help but keep me updated

try craigslist.org, sometimes you can find someone doing a "by the night" sublet that would be cheaper than a hotel.

Sam Harris

Space Systems Engineer
Andy,

Is there a way to split off the second half of this thread into a new thread? There's some good info here for discussion buried in a post about finding a place to sleep.#-o

QuantNet

Staff member
Andy,

Is there a way to split off the second half of this thread into a new thread? There's some good info here for discussion buried in a post about finding a place to sleep.#-o
This is probably the first time I have to split a thread. It means most discussions are on topic ;)
Let's call the new thread "NYU Career Fair discussion"