• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Capstone Project Idea

I've also heard that the butter production in Bangladesh is often an indicator of future stock market returns.

A couple of years ago I attended one of the WealthLab presentations by Fidelity. James Altucher (he wrote several books) was one of the speakers. As an example he showed statistical data that S&P500 daily returns are correlated with amount of snow in central park on that day.

After that he built a very basic strategy in WealthLab using this observation and back-tested it. Results were impressive :)

Looks like using Lunar Phases is much more advanced approach.

The person appears to be a professor of finance. I have to confess that I only read the abstract. I wonder if the paper is supposed to be an object lesson on the abuses of econometric time series analysis?

Or maybe it was supposed to be some kind of prank ala Alan Sokal?

Back