• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cartel control of tech worker wages and job opportunities

What’s more important is the political predicament that low-paid fast food workers share with well-paid hi-tech workers: the loss of power over their lives and their futures to the growing mass of concentrated power in Silicon Valley, whose tentacles are so strong now and so great, that hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe—public relations and cable company employees in the British Isles, programmers and tech engineers in Russia and China (according to other documents which I’ll write about soon)—have their lives controlled and their wages and opportunities stolen from them without ever knowing about it, all the while being bombarded with cultural cant about the wisdom of the free market, about the efficiency of free knowledge, about the need to take personal responsibility and to blame no one but yourself for everything that happens in your life and your career.

http://pando.com/2014/03/22/reveale...ns-more-companies-over-one-million-employees/

Recently a class action law suit was certified against a number of technology companies that colluded to not hire employees of the "cartel" reducing wage competition. These companies include Apple, Google and (if I recall correctly) Adobe.

Recently a class action law suit was certified against a number of technology companies that colluded to not hire employees of the "cartel" reducing wage competition. These companies include Apple, Google and (if I recall correctly) Adobe.

I wait with bated breath for them to be administered a slap on the wrist.

Back