• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE Chat with the Director

'Hello World'

I hate my luck! Everytime the interaction happens around the Wednesdays, and I am gonna miss it due to being in client's place..:(

Paddy

Yeah, I know!

Infact, I was around in NY last weekend, and got all excited and drove down till Baruch only to find the locked doors on the 6th floor..:)

Anyways, as much as I would have loved an interaction - a few of the questions I have are (not an exhaustive list though.. :)) .

- Has there been students who have gone into energy trading, post graduation?

- Have you had students from management consulting who have come on to do course?

- How are the opportunities currently on the Asian markets for the students (like Spore and Tokyo), and what is Baruch's reach and placements in these areas?

- Is it fine to submit the financial statements supporting funding of education after being admitted?

Thanks in advance..

Paddy

- How are the opportunities currently on the Asian markets for the students (like Spore and Tokyo), and what is Baruch's reach and placements in these areas?
Paddy

if I may, let me answer this question. Several student have gotten summer internships with ib in Tokyo this year. I believe a couple students did internship at Singapore last summer.

Thanks, John. This is helpful.

The reason I put this question was because of the increasing movement of quant jobs towards asia, given the US slowdown and the economic boom in that part of the world.

So, wanted to know how we are prepared to target that market and what are the opportunities there.

Andy and John,

While applying for jobs - post graduation, what is usually accepted by companies as relevant past experience? Is it okay to be anywhere in finance industry, or being only in a prior quant job.

Like I am a consultant from a MC firm, and have done extensive consulting for prime brokerages and hedge funds, in addition to other financial institutions. Would this count as a relevant past experience?

Paddy

Back