• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chicago MSFM Chicago Financial Mathematics program

I realized there is another thread out there already but if anything has changed over the time elapsed and could anyone offer insights/opinions/stats about the distance Financial Mathematics program at Chicago?

I have Computer Science background and wanted to find out if the distance program would be a good alternative to move over to the Quant career without having to give up the full time job. Or, are the full time programs would be the only way to go.

Are we talking about the Standford location program?
I honestly believe that if you want to rely on their career service for a better job, you should do the full-time option instead. Students at Stanford, Singapore don't benefit from the full resources available at the main campus.
Color me skeptical but if you are going to pay big bucks and years of your life, may as well get the full benefit of it.

Actually, I was referring to the Distance program in general. I feel the same way that a full time program would be more beneficial for face time with instructors, TAs and
the opportunity to take advantage of the career services. But, leaving the full time job may not be practical for me at the moment. I contacted the school for the placement stats but looks like I won't get it until November. Thank you for the input, Andy.

I have Computer Science background and wanted to find out if the distance program would be a good alternative to move over to the Quant career without having to give up the full time job. Or, are the full time programs would be the only way to go.

it won't be a good alternative. IMHO, you might be better off self-studying. What about part time? You don't have to give your full time job.

Back