• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chicago MSFM Chicago MSFM admission anyone?

I do not profess to have confirmed with any UoC personnel...but it is really not hard to see why...

This year, UoC has set up a separate prep program at the Singapore campus. Considering that U0C already has a prep program at the Chicago campus (with an online option and a MUCH more comprehensive curriculum), the Singapore prep program is intended clearly to cater to prospective students located in Singapore...

I suspect that it is also UoC's intention to continue to run the Singapore prep program for at least the next few years...As such, you can be sure that they would be admitting a significant portion of the Singapore prep program class...Because if they don't, there would be little interest in the Singapore prep program!

anyone heard from u of c? I rarely see people update the status on tracker for past few days.

I applied to the Singapore campus and also has not received any decision yet. They also changed the admission decision date on their website from 15 April to 30 April:

All applicants will be notified by April 30, 2012.
These dates apply to Chicago applicants only.

How many in total are they recruiting?
One of their admission officers wrote to me in early December:
"We’ll admit around 70 new students to Chicago for 2012. Singapore, around 35. Stamford is for UBS employees."

Anyone got any input regarding UChicago MSFM vs Columbia MFE?? Just got an offer from Chicago and have had one for Columbia...not sure what to do. Thanks.

Anyone got any input regarding UChicago MSFM vs Columbia MFE?? Just got an offer from Chicago and have had one for Columbia...not sure what to do. Thanks.
if i were u, definitely will go for columbia. The latter one is much better in reputation.

Back