• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chicago MSFM Chicago MSFM (Need an Honest review)

Hard to get some voluntary reviews. You either see a wave of positive reviews by new members or some rare negative reviews.
Most people don't just spend their time sharing a review for the sake of writing a review anymore.
Direct way is to reach out to members on the QuantNet Tracker who applied and got in the programs in the last 2 years so hopefully they are in the program or just graduated to get their view.

we could offer like a random Amazon 500 usd gift card to get more reviews! other sites do

I have been looking at all the reviews of the Chicago MSFM program. Everyone has almost given 5 stars.

Just wondering if the reviews are genuine as all are anonymous and there is not much change in the rankings from the last year.

Can anyone provide an honest review of the program and the university?
Bump. If everyone likes the university and curriculum that much, why haven’t the rankings changed? Plus every poll I look at, it has more votes than Cornell and NYU Tandon. The rankings suggest otherwise.

Bump. If everyone likes the university and curriculum that much, why haven’t the rankings changed? Plus every poll I look at, it has more votes than Cornell and NYU Tandon. The rankings suggest otherwise.
Well the rankings don't account for student experience or satisfaction in any way. Is the formula for how the rankings are determined public?

we could offer like a random Amazon 500 usd gift card to get more reviews! other sites do
The struggle to get reviews for program is real and dated back years ago.
Student reviewers of MFE programs

I think we need to ask the fundamental question of whether people only motivated to do that when money involved? We offered Amazon giftcard before for reviews but it doesn't make a big change.

There are a few members here went to Chicago according to the 2021 roll call thread

You can message them directly to see if they are willing to leave a review here.

I have been looking at all the reviews of the Chicago MSFM program. Everyone has almost given 5 stars.

Just wondering if the reviews are genuine as all are anonymous and there is not much change in the rankings from the last year.

Can anyone provide an honest review of the program and the university?
Hello! Please feel free to reach out via email (memuir@uchicago.edu) and I will be happy to set you up for conversations with alumni and current students.

Bump. I thought NYU Courant, Cornell and Chicago offers almost 'equally competitive' quant programs (like Tier 2), while the feedbacks (especially poll results) I saw on the forum indicates Chicago is better than the others? Is there anyone with the knowledge willing to share some details for that? I am sure that would be greatly appreciated.

Bump. I thought NYU Courant, Cornell and Chicago offers almost 'equally competitive' quant programs (like Tier 2), while the feedbacks (especially poll results) I saw on the forum indicates Chicago is better than the others? Is there anyone with the knowledge willing to share some details for that? I am sure that would be greatly appreciated.
Happy to connect you with current students and alumni, if that may shed some light on your question. Please feel free to email me at memuir@uchicago.edu.

I have read many reviews on QuantNet over the years and most of them are superficial. When a member took the time to write a review that describes his experience in the program, his likes and dislikes in vivid details, it's a win for all stakeholders. We all benefit so much from it.
The recent batch of reviews from Chicago MSFM alums are really good in term of the breadth and depth they cover. It's their rights to write an anonymous review since it takes effort to sign up, sign in and write such lengthy reviews. I'd rather have anonymous reviews than no reviews at all.
I know some of those reviews are long time members of QuantNet so I have no doubt their reviews are legit.
If you focus on the gist of the reviews, it provides a pretty good blueprint of the courses selection for those joining the program.
For those still undecided, the reviews provide lots of insights about the career services. @Meredith, Emily Backe must have built a good rapport with the students.

I, for one, appreciate the time and effort everyone involved went through to provide the reviews. I wish we can get more of the same from other programs.

Back