• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU 2014 Fall R1 Interview

Don't give up hope yet! Someone updated the tracker for interview last friday. Assuming he did the update on the day he received the invitation (I know I would), that means they were still sending out interview invitations on friday. You still have a chance of getting one this week. Best of luck!

For the information of future applicants:

The interview was non-technical and fairly casual. I come from a non-finance background (BS/MS in math) so he asked me "Why are you here?" once my motivations for entering the program were clear he said that I "made my case" and the conversation seemed to switch to chit-chat mode. I got the impression that once my motivations were established that I was deemed acceptable, and then he just wanted to give me information about the program. I left with the expectation that I would be accepted, but I can't be sure until the 31st!

My interview last year was about 45 minutes in total. It is non-technical and designed mainly to assess your fit with the program and your motivations/career plans.

For the information of future applicants:

The interview was non-technical and fairly casual. I come from a non-finance background (BS/MS in math) so he asked me "Why are you here?" once my motivations for entering the program were clear he said that I "made my case" and the conversation seemed to switch to chit-chat mode. I got the impression that once my motivations were established that I was deemed acceptable, and then he just wanted to give me information about the program. I left with the expectation that I would be accepted, but I can't be sure until the 31st!
@cab , just curious. how long did the interview go for you?

If you interviewed I would say there's a very high chance you'll be accepted.
Hope to see you folks in September!

Yea, that is what I am hoping. However, nobody wants to build up expectations to have them come crashing down later haha. Hopefully we all get in, and can have a party in this thread on friday :)

am frantically checking quantnet to see if anyone updated tracker...too scared to check actual website, am a wimp :cry:
Haha yea! Thanks CMU for ruining my focus the entire day.

When do you guys find out whether you are in ?
I don't remember where, but I think I recall Cam (a CMU student above) saying that last year he got an email at 4pm. It is uncertain though.

Oh sorry, I assumed you either knew or could tell from our anxiety ha.

~4 pm Today~

But as I said the 4pm is hearsay

I just got an email from CMU in regards to admission result. I applied for NY campus and never had an interview. I am waitlisted.

Back