• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU 2014 Fall R1 Interview

Also in (Got the email and the funky flash app).
But it seems that the application system is down and can't check my decision letter, same for you Desky?
And tracker updated

Also in (Got the email and the funky flash app).
But it seems that the application system is down and can't check my decision letter, same for you Desky?
And tracker updated
I printed the admission letter right before the site cracked

Nice move :D
How much time does it give you to make your decision (in other words, when is the deposit due)?
The deadline for the initial deposit of $2000 is March 11. The deadline for the final confirmation deposit of $1000 is May 15

Congrats to those admitted! For anyone who got accepted, did you apply to Pittsburgh or NYC campus
That's what I want to know. They always end up with the same number of students in NYC and Pittsburgh. I wonder how the campus choice get factored into their selection process. Wish the tracker would start tracking that.

Anyway, congratulations to everyone that got accepted! Hope I can join you guys in R2.

I am admitted to the Pitt campus. However, during the interview Rick told me that for those who lack full-time work experience but have a strong academic background (like me), NYC campus is better than Pitt in terms of career outlook. I am still a graduating senior in college and thus I have no full-time experience. So I think what Rick told me makes a lot of sense and I kinda want to switch to NYC campus now. What do you guys think?

I got the same speech. I'm sure that he knows what he is talking about and is right, in the sense that if your highest priority is to get a job then you should go to NYC. However, at what cost? That is what I'm thinking. Yea, I will optimize my job opportunities, but now I have to live in an cramped, expensive city and commute on the train everyday to watch my classes on a bunch of big screen TVs. You will certainly have better career opportunities there, but that doesn't necessarily make it a better choice (for everyone).

Thats, my 2 cents ha.

to watch my classes on a bunch of big screen TVs.
even in pitt theyre on tv for 3 weeks of the mini semester. imo if ur spending the money on a degree like this (similar to an mba) then ur gonna wanna get the most networking and job interviews, placement, etc. out of it.
im also coming from a FT job so im a little dif. to me this is an investment (which i guess is true for everyone). also i live in nyc so to move to pitt would be dif and moving away from one campus to another

they always stress that students from both campuses have access to the same career opportunities on the online chats, i think it's just that the Pittsburgh students don't have as many networking opportunities...

In Pittsburgh you get more access to the professors, TAs, and overall academics. And me of course ;)!
In NYC you definitely have better networking opportunities just due to the fact that you're on the Street

Last edited:
I know I will sound ignorant, but can someone explain what networking really mean here? And were you guys given the opportunity to switch your campus choice?

The countdown website for admitted student is not working.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Back