• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU Class of 2018 Applications (2017 Admission)

Hi guys,
I am new to quantnet. And I should have updated you guys earlier.
I got my interview invitation on Feb 10th and I did it on Feb 15th. They offered me six different dates, 13-15 and 20-21, and there were around 6 spots each day, either on site or online. I was surprised to hear that they weren't lots of people who got invitations on this forum, since there were still many spots available.
The interviewer told me that decisions would come out on March 20th altogether. I am now waiting for it, anxiously.

Hi guys,
I am new to quantnet. And I should have updated you guys earlier.
I got my interview invitation on Feb 10th and I did it on Feb 15th. They offered me six different dates, 13-15 and 20-21, and there were around 6 spots each day, either on site or online. I was surprised to hear that they weren't lots of people who got invitations on this forum, since there were still many spots available.
The interviewer told me that decisions would come out on March 20th altogether. I am now waiting for it, anxiously.
Hi, would you mind sharing your background? THX

the wait seems never ending. Its' 3d of March already..... I don't see any interview update on the tracker..... Does it usually take this long? Shouldn't interview requests be in by now if they're planning to release decision by 20th ?

the wait seems never ending. Its' 3d of March already..... I don't see any interview update on the tracker..... Does it usually take this long? Shouldn't interview requests be in by now if they're planning to release decision by 20th ?
I already saw 5 ish ppl saying they got interviews in this thread.. so looks like not every one updated the tracker..
Anyways..I guess they'll send out more invites so hang tight..two and half more weeks to go till we find out..

fingers crossed.

Just received an interview on next Tuesday. There are still spots left until the end of next week!

I did not count but it was like ~4 per day until Friday
Hi Joo,

Would you mind sharing some of your CMU interview experience? Is it more behavioral question focused or technical question focused? I just scheduled an interview on Friday. Thank you!

So I just finished my incredibly short interview with Mr. Bryant! He asked me 2-3 questions (one of them was: "other programs you applied to..."), and then asked me if I have any questions for him. I asked him 3 questions (one of them was "how is life in Pittsburgh"). After I finished my interview, I PMed him saying thank you and I look forward to hearing from CMU. His response was quite sharp: "I enjoyed talking with you. We appreciate your interest in our program." Does the last sentence mean...a rejection? I am worried cause our conversation is too short;p

Back