• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU Class of 2018 Applications (2017 Admission)

So I just finished my incredibly short interview with Mr. Bryant! He asked me 2-3 questions (one of them was: "other programs you applied to..."), and then asked me if I have any questions for him. I asked him 3 questions (one of them was "how is life in Pittsburgh"). After I finished my interview, I PMed him saying thank you and I look forward to hearing from CMU. His response was quite sharp: "I enjoyed talking with you. We appreciate your interest in our program." Does the last sentence mean...a rejection? I am worried cause our conversation is too short;p
I really don't think so. Stay positive. :)

I still haven't got an invite. Mine was marked on review on 24th Jan... Anyone on the same boat?
I just hope this doesn't mean a rejection

So I just finished my incredibly short interview with Mr. Bryant! He asked me 2-3 questions (one of them was: "other programs you applied to..."), and then asked me if I have any questions for him. I asked him 3 questions (one of them was "how is life in Pittsburgh"). After I finished my interview, I PMed him saying thank you and I look forward to hearing from CMU. His response was quite sharp: "I enjoyed talking with you. We appreciate your interest in our program." Does the last sentence mean...a rejection? I am worried cause our conversation is too short;p
I think he just meant what he said. Without officially making a decision, he won't give you any hint about the result, so his words just meant that he did enjoy your conversation, and he does appreciate your interest in CMU. It's at least not a bad sign.

Does the last sentence mean...a rejection? I am worried cause our conversation is too short;p
I think you are making to much of if. They say that phrase in every email/communication. It is almost protocol. I doubt he'd reject anyone on the spot right after an interview unless it was really atrocious.

I still haven't got an invite. Mine was marked on review on 24th Jan... Anyone on the same boat?
I just hope this doesn't mean a rejection
They told me that they would release all the responses for the first round on March 20th, so there's still a few days to possibly get the invitation. Good luck.

Just received invitation. There are around 20 spots left. Hope it help.

It's March 20th, but I have received nothing so far. Anyone received a phone call/email notification about the decision yet?

I got rejected. Completely unexpected...speechless. Not sure if the fact that I let them know I got admitted to the phd program and need to make decision leads to this result. sad;(

Congrats to everyone who got admitted! May I know if any of you received the scholarship as well?

To those who got rejected (especially after the interview stage): don't be discouraged or heart-broken, as there is always next year (no application fee, which is nice...). Everything would be fine at the end...

There is a WeChat group for admitted students. Feel free to let me know your WeChat ID if you would like to be added.

Back