• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF 2021 Interview

Has anyone received an interview invitation yet? I got the under review notification on 16th but nothing else since then... I heard someone got both the under review notification and an interview invitation on 17th. Does this mean a lower chance for me now?

I received the under review notification after my application was complete on the 17th. I don't know the semantics but I just guess it means that your application is completed and would be reviewed. I don't think it's possible to know if they've gone through it completely or not.
I haven't received an interview invitation yet but would love to know if anyone else already did.

Has anyone received an interview invitation yet? I got the under review notification on 16th but nothing else since then... I heard someone got both the under review notification and an interview invitation on 17th. Does this mean a lower chance for me now?
Too early to start guessing your chances. Per the admission info sessions, they even allow 3 weeks after the deadline for any missing materials to be updated.

Not ruling out early interview invites for a few candidates, but I would not fret over it just yet.

Does anyone update missing materials but got no reply since that? I updated grading scale on 18th but it still shows that my application is incomplete. Is that normal or am I silently rej...?

Does anyone update missing materials but got no reply since that? I updated grading scale on 18th but it still shows that my application is incomplete. Is that normal or am I silently rej...?
I think it will probably take them some time to review your updated materials and clear any of the red x’s. Since you just updated on the 18th, I would say do not worry; given it’s right around Christmas, I would imagine things are slowing down.

Someone recently updated their tracker about their interview invite. Has anyone else received interview invites already?

I have not. I think its a better idea to ignore the tracker at this point.

Remember, worry wont help. Think positive and let their adcom do their job. We cant do anything to affect the chance anymore, might as well as be at peace with it.

I got a missing materials email on 12/15, updated on the same day, and got another email 1/6 saying that they received the updated materials.

I am a Senior year undergrad. I was asked to upload transcript with Fall 2020 grades when available. Uploaded between Christmas and new year. on 7th got confirmation application is complete and an interview invitation to schedule a time. Also, the email said first round decisions will be released on March 8th. I think it is just administrative screening and scheduling, don't think it went up to admissions committee yet.​

I am a Senior year undergrad. I was asked to upload transcript with Fall 2020 grades when available. Uploaded between Christmas and new year. on 7th got confirmation application is complete and an interview invitation to schedule a time. Also, the email said first round decisions will be released on March 8th. I think it is just administrative screening and scheduling, don't think it went up to admissions committee yet.​
You got the interview invite ?

I just received an interview invite email yesterday. Submitted my app on 12/09; missing materials email on 12/17; application complete + interview invite email on 01/08. There were only available days in January to choose from for the interview, no allotted days in February so I would conjecture they are sending interview invites out in batches.

I just received an interview invite email yesterday. Submitted my app on 12/09; missing materials email on 12/17; application complete + interview invite email on 01/08. There were only available days in January to choose from for the interview, no allotted days in February so I would conjecture they are sending interview invites out in batches.
Are you done with your interview? What's the interview like? Is it a technical interview or a behavioral one?

As per previous posts it seems to be a behavioral interview only. I think you can find multiple threads where people share their experiences

Nope -- when I scheduled mine, there were only available days in the 3rd week of January so I'm booked for one of those. If you google "CMU MSCF Interview", you'll find some sample questions; all that I've seen so far are behavioral/fit.

Back