• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF 2nd interview

I did an interview for CMU's MSCF. However, I received a mail asking me if I would be available to discuss more about my experience and my resume. I wasn't expecting that since it is not common.

What do you guys think I should expect/ How should I prepare?

Best,

Consensus seems to be that it's largely behavioral and they just want to get to know you better.

I did an interview for CMU's MSCF. However, I received a mail asking me if I would be available to discuss more about my experience and my resume. I wasn't expecting that since it is not common.

Best,
Go through your resume and make sure you can talk about everything you have on it. Make an effort to draw connections with how your past experiences will enable you to be a successful quant finance practitioner after graduating, even if you have little direct exposure to the field. I found these videos to be helpful:

-
-
-

The goal of questions about your resume/experience is likely to gauge how what you’ve done previously has informed your decision to apply to a computational finance program. The degree is highly niche, and I feel a good way to stand out is to demonstrate in your interview that your past experiences have shaped you in a way that you feel strongly will enable you to be a successful quant.

Never hurts to over prepare.

Best,
Hey, Did you receive this mail on 22nd April?

I didn't get it. They invited you for interview but didn't interview you?
I was not interviewed in the 1st round and I was put on the waitlist. Later I received an invitation for an interview on 22nd April and interviewed a few days back.

I was not interviewed in the 1st round and I was put on the waitlist. Later I received an invitation for an interview on 22nd April and interviewed a few days back.
I'VE heard from other WL in round 1, most of them don't get the interview. So u will have good luck.

Back