• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF Interview Invitation

I have not, but I saw people have got invites since 1/25 for early feb interview from other forums. Guess they are still sending.

Is interview a necessary condition for getting the offer? I see some people in this thread already got interviews from Princeton but not from CMU yet, I am assuming they are very strong candidates. Is it likely for CMU just send offers to very strong candidates without interviewing them?

Looking at past years pattern, everyone who got into CMU gave one or more interviews, and most of the people who get interview invites get in.
The CMU admission prerequisites list an interview by invitation.

CMU, Baruch, Princeton, UCB, Gatech - These schools definitely interview all candidates who are admitted, atleast once.

Columbia MFE, NYU Tandon MFE, Boston University - Do not interview people in general.

(Columbia does interview sometimes if they want clarification on any aspect of the application - profile, SOP or Video Essay)

Anyone has any updates from Chinese forums?
Someone said he just got interviewed and he received the "under review" email on 1/10. I personally received the "under review" email on 1/7 but have literally no updates from them since then, so it made me somewhat disappointed :(

Someone said he just got interviewed and he received the "under review" email on 1/10. I personally received the "under review" email on 1/7 but have literally no updates from them since then, so it made me somewhat disappointed :(
I think its fair to say that if anyone hasn't received an interview yet, they probably won't receive it now. Time to move on for all of us

I think its fair to say that if anyone hasn't received an interview yet, they probably won't receive it now. Time to move on for all of us
well idk, someone who was admitted told me, in the previous year, they sent the interview invitations till late Feb. And my friend told me they still asked her to provide an updated transcript (she's in a Hong Kong school, and she is not invited for an interview till now) just 2 days ago. So I really don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Wow, that's a bold take. Especially since it's completely wrong. I think it's fair to say you haven't done your research,don't go around spreading negativity on this thread.
CMU sends out interviews till their result date. If you look at the previous year's trackers and threads, you'll see that people have interviewed in the last week of February as well. Don't lose hope, everyone still has a chance.

Just got my interview invitaion, but not too many interview slots remaining, only slots are for Feb 8th and Feb 9th

Last edited:
Just got my interview invitaion, but not too many interview slots remaining, only slots are for Feb 8th and Feb 9th
Just FYI, I got the email saying my application was complete on Dec 20th which is pretty early, so I believe the interview invitations are not sent out in any particular order

When you say "only these slots are remaining", do you mean you were offered only these? or that pretty much everyone who will be interviewed, will be interviewed in these slots?

When you say "only these slots are remaining", do you mean you were offered only these? or that pretty much everyone who will be interviewed, will be interviewed in these slots?
I think it means the former. Only those slots of interviews will be available for to him/her.

Hi, any updates on this? I can't see updates on tracker as well for the interviews. I had received the "under review" email on Jan 8.

Hey guys,

Did anyone else receive interview invites after 2/8/22? And also of anyone in your acquaintance got one maybe?

Back