• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF Interview Invitation

interestingly, got an email introducing the Round 2 application... (I'm a round 1 applicant

Just received interview invite too. Thinking whether it is worth the time after having received other offers.

Does anyone get both the interview invitation and the email for R2?

Just FYI. Just booked an interview slot on Mar 1st and nothing beyond that.

Hi, I am a bit confused with this time's admission process. I applied to CMU MSCF in 2018 Dec as well and got one interview. At that time I had no Quant Finance experience and a couple of irrelevant recommendations (not related to Quants). This time I was so confident about my prospects as I have over 3 years experience in Quant Finance (pricing model risk) along with glowing and relevant professional recommendations. I didn't even get an interview this time. What changed over the course of 3-4 years?

They say the result is coming out on 4th March. Maybe all the interview invitation was finished last week.

They say the result is coming out on 4th March. Maybe all the interview invitation was finished last week.
Did they mentioned this during your interview? During mine, they said results would be posted on March 3rd just like the website says.

Hi, I am a bit confused with this time's admission process. I applied to CMU MSCF in 2018 Dec as well and got one interview. At that time I had no Quant Finance experience and a couple of irrelevant recommendations (not related to Quants). This time I was so confident about my prospects as I have over 3 years experience in Quant Finance (pricing model risk) along with glowing and relevant professional recommendations. I didn't even get an interview this time. What changed over the course of 3-4 years?
Feeling similar, I was also quite confident about my prospects at CMU. Seeing class profile of earlier batches, but haven't got an interview invite. Low key hoping that they might also be selecting folks without interview as well but don't know. Keeping my fingers crossed

Feeling similar, I was also quite confident about my prospects at CMU. Seeing class profile of earlier batches, but haven't got an interview invite. Low key hoping that they might also be selecting folks without interview as well but don't know. Keeping my fingers crossed
Has this been done before? Students being admitted to CMU without interviews?

Just completed the interview moments ago. I think they still interview candidates this week. Decisions will be released on Mar 3rd. I

From what I have heard CMU, UCB, Princeton Baruch, GATECT admits do one or more interviews. CMU has an interview as a requirement for admission. But things change so I don’t know

The wait is killing me. Does anyone know the time when they usually send them? I have usually heard back from school at 8pm EST. Maybe to prevent calls from students? Haha

Just completed the interview moments ago. I think they still interview candidates this week. Decisions will be released on Mar 3rd. I
But do they still send out new interview invites?
Like you were invited last week and completed yours today.
Will they send out new invites again?

Back