• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF interview invites?

Spoke w/ current student, who said they were convinced they didn't make it, then received their interview only a few days before the admissions decisions last year. I'm trying to savor the uncertainty, which can lead to a positive or negative outcome. . .

I know a current student who didn't get an interview. The interview is only for select students not everyone's who is admitted to the program .

hi Lily, did you just got the CMU interview invite(from the tracker)? can you share more detail?
I received the interview invite 6pm EST today. Surprised the admission committee is working at this hour and they're still sending out invites.. I thought it was gonna be a reject for me. It looks like there're still ~10 spots open for Tuesday and Wednesday, so don't lose hope!

I received the interview invite 6pm EST today. Surprised the admission committee is working at this hour and they're still sending out invites.. I thought it was gonna be a reject for me. It looks like there're still ~10 spots open for Tuesday and Wednesday, so don't lose hope!
thank you for replying. what do you mean 10 spots remaining, do you mean they notify you in the email they only have ten spot large(admitted 80 people already)?

Well that will make this even more interesting!
Although very few, there are some people who got admitted without an interview according to the tracker (at least if they did not forget to change it).
On the other hand, there were also people who did get interviewed, but got rejected. I believe we will know our results for sure on 03/05. I am also very anxious to know!

Can anyone comment on the duration and nature of his/her interview? Mine lasted about 30 min, it was behavioral (background, interests and goals), more like a very pleasant conversation with Mrs. Gwen Stanczak.

You’ll do great! Best of luck!

Although very few, there are some people who got admitted without an interview according to the tracker (at least if they did not forget to change it).
On the other hand, there were also people who did get interviewed, but got rejected. I believe we will know our results for sure on 03/05. I am also very anxious to know!

Can anyone comment on the duration and nature of his/her interview? Mine lasted about 30 min, it was behavioral (background, interests and goals), more like a very pleasant conversation with Mrs. Gwen Stanczak.
This is what I've heard from other people as well
All behavioral, SOP and future goals.

Hey guys, I have a question regarding the application itself.

I was trying to type the undergrad info in the section called "UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE INFORMATION", but after I selected my school name and clicked continue, it just stay blank somehow... Did this happen to you at all?

WeChat Screenshot_20180227230145.png

Thanks,

It seems that they have sent out all the interview invitation of Round 1.

I was trying to type the undergrad info in the section called "UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE INFORMATION", but after I selected my school name and clicked continue, it just stay blank somehow... Did this happen to you at all?

View attachment 23094

Thanks,
No, it worked.

View attachment 23094

Thanks,
Probably save the tab before moving to the next Tab

Good luck everyone for the result day. Would anyone know if both accepts and reject will be able to check the status on portal or accept will receive congratulatory email and rejects will be asked to check the status on portal (like MIT)?

Back