• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF Interview Invites

What is asked in the Round 2 interview?
Is the number of seats in Round 2 very limited?

Is everyone who is accepted to the program interviewed, or are some accepted without an interview?

Check this thread too: CMU MSCF interview

This is the data that I have for CMU. But I don't really know the data for the number of interviews sent out. I found out a way to extrapolate numbers for MIT, but haven't figured out CMU yet. One possibility is to cross-reference all people who have interviewed and posted on QN, and elaborate some sort of mean conversion (interviews to offers) for the last 5 years. We could then figure a rough number of the number of applications sent out. Eventually will tackle such a project.

1682022910838.png

Note: after reviewing time slot availabilities this week (end of April, I just got an interview invitation), there were approximately ~25 slots available, and half of them reserved. Assuming, in a conservative fashion, that ~20 (only half of the slots have been taken in reality) people are interviewed every week, and so for the four weeks of April, that is 80 interviews for Round 2. Assuming round 2 applications represent 25% of total applicants, and that relevant proportions are similar between round 1 and round 2, that would make close to 320 interviews total for ~160ish offers being made. Thus, the conservative lower bound is 50% (interview-to-offer rate). Lots of assumptions are being made here though...

Last edited:
Check this thread too: CMU MSCF interview

This is the data that I have for CMU. But I don't really know the data for the number of interviews sent out. I found out a way to extrapolate numbers for MIT, but haven't figured out CMU yet. One possibility is to cross-reference all people who have interviewed and posted on QN, and elaborate some sort of mean conversion (interviews to offers) for the last 5 years. We could then figure a rough number of the number of applications sent out. Eventually will tackle such a project.

View attachment 47482

Note: after reviewing time slot availabilities this week (end of April, I just got an interview invitation), there were approximately ~25 slots available, and half of them reserved. Assuming, in a conservative fashion, that ~20 (only half of the slots have been taken in reality) people are interviewed every week, and so for the four weeks of April, that is 80 interviews for Round 2. Assuming round 2 applications represent 25% of total applicants, and that relevant proportions are similar between round 1 and round 2, that would make close to 320 interviews total for ~160ish offers being made. Thus, the conservative lower bound is 50% (interview-to-offer rate). Lots of assumptions are being made here though...
When did you receive the interview invite?

Back