CMU MSCF (NY Campus) vs UCB MFE

• CMU MSCF (NY Campus)

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • UCB MFE

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

valour

Main things I'm concerned about:
1. there'll be online video lectures at the CMU NY campus v/s the in-person lectures at UCB.
2. Placements
3. Curriculum

Michsund

C++ Student
Main things I'm concerned about:
1. there'll be online video lectures at the CMU NY campus v/s the in-person lectures at UCB.
2. Placements
3. Curriculum
For concern 1 have you ever been to the campus. The learning is set up very well where it almost seems as if the professor is there. You can press a button where the professor see's you and can answer your question in real time. It's probably the best live distance learning available. For placements its gonna be rather similar other then the fact that UCB takes more experience students whereas CMU takes in many students who don't have any experience and still get them top jobs. So, I would say placements are rather similar. Curriculum of CMU is more well rounded because it is comprised of 4 schools rather then UCB's 1 business school. You have an extra semester of learning, where you could take up to 10 mini's. This would be a lot more learning! CMU also has one of the top machine learning programs in the world, so being able to take extra classes in that as long as you could find an online version. Both schools are very good so you really can't go wrong, but I would use CMU.