• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF Round 1 (Class joining 2013)

Congrats everyone who got through in R1. I am a current MSCF student and would be willing to answer any queries that you have. Feel free to drop me a message or post them here.

Congrats everyone who got through in R1. I am a current MSCF student and would be willing to answer any queries that you have. Feel free to drop me a message or post them here.
Hi Nanda, I'm just admitted to this program. My original choice of the campus was Pittsburgh, but were told that NYC is much convenient for job hunting. On the other hand, personally I want to have more campus life rather than studying by conference vedio. I know it's an old topic but still want to hear your opinion about this. Thx a lot!

Hi BillLi, Being at NYC helps you a lot with your networking. If you are targeting the S&T kind of roles at banks, you definitely need to network a lot and being at NYC helps you. Pittsburgh is a laid back city. You don't spend much time commuting and you always have professors around. Being in MSCF, you are so occupied with the curriculum that you may not enjoy the activities going on in CMU. But being with the MBA's is definitely fun. I hope this helps. Feel free to drop me a message if you need more info.

I would talk to current MSCF students before going to the program. Ask them questions about the amount of homework they get, the job/internship placements (especially this year), and how many people fail out/don't graduate from the program. Better yet ask Rick Bryant these questions during the interview. Getting the interview and getting into the school is the easy part.

Hi guys, i was going through this thread and saw CMU sent round 1 invites starting from 9th jan last year. Anyone who's received an invite for 2014?

Back