• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF Round 2 interview invite?

I received the interview invitation last night.
As far as I can see, all the slots for interview have been chosen.

How many slots are chosen far now? It seems they sent out all invitations at one time last year.

Last edited:
How many slots are chosen far now? It seems they sent out all invitations at one time last year.
It's strange that the result is different when I use my MacBook and iPhone. Last night, I checked the slots with my iPhone and found all the slots were taken, but today I found more than 1/2 of them is still available.

I am not sure how they do the scheduling but both one of my classmates and I have got the interview invitations two days ago.

@Daniel D : Could you also please confirm how many slots do you see are available, if any?

Also, did you guys receive an email alert to check the application portal regarding the interview acceptance? or directly saw it on the portal? @Tony Lin

Thanks!

@Fedex As far as I can remember there were abt 10 slots every day from 21th onwards. But not necessarily all slots need to be filled. I am guessing there might be other rounds of invitations. The interview information will be reflected on your application portal.

It's strange that the result is different when I use my MacBook and iPhone. Last night, I checked the slots with my iPhone and found all the slots were taken, but today I found more than 1/2 of them is still available.

Hi Tony, could you please check again how many slots are chosen now? I am still anxious for hearing nothing from them.

Last edited:
Hi Tony, could you please check again how many slots are chosen now? I am still anxious for hearing nothing from them.
Hi Mensa, I checked the slots just now and it seems that there are still 9 slots left

I emailed them they said they send interviews all the way until the deadline, including the last week of deadline. Is this true or do they just responded me with a general answer? I checked the tracker, seems nobody's interview falls in the last week of decision deadline. Should I give up hopes now?

I emailed them too yesterday morning but they have not replied me yet. I don't know whether it's true or not. But by looking at previous threads, I can say that we still have some hopes as some of them have got admit without any interview.

Back