• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF Round Two

Did anybody find out the decision during the interview? I heard that if one did not get ad during interview then one is probably rejected or waitlisted. Is that right?

Did anybody find out the decision during the interview? I heard that if one did not get ad during interview then one is probably rejected or waitlisted. Is that right?
I don't think they give ad during interview I think. They want to give all the results at the same time. The admission said the result would be out on April 8th.

I don't think there is any basis for this

I don't think they give ad during interview I think. They want to give all the results at the same time. The admission said the result would be out on April 8th.

Hi @sissiren, as per the Tracker page, it shows that you updated the status to "Admit" on 03/24.

Did you get admit during the interview ? How was your interview experience ? Would you please share it with rest of the us here ?

Hi @sissiren, as per the Tracker page, it shows that you updated the status to "Admit" on 03/24.

Did you get admit during the interview ? How was your interview experience ? Would you please share it with rest of the us here ?
I got the ad after the interview. The admission kindly accelerated the process for me because I had a deposit deadline for another program on the same day of the interview.
I interviewed with Rick. Really nice to talk to him. About 30 mins although they scheduled for 45 mins. No technical questions and I don't think the questions he asked were actually behaviour questions either. Mostly just chit chat. About career goal and different programs. So basically just relaxing and pleasant conversation for me. My experience is consistent with feedback of what questions to expect from previous CMU interview posts. But I don't know if that varies with people.

I got the ad after the interview. The admission kindly accelerated the process for me because I had a deposit deadline for another program on the same day of the interview.
I interviewed with Rick. Really nice to talk to him. About 30 mins although they scheduled for 45 mins. No technical questions and I don't think the questions he asked were actually behaviour questions either. Mostly just chit chat. About career goal and different programs. So basically just relaxing and pleasant conversation for me. My experience is consistent with feedback of what questions to expect from previous CMU interview posts. But I don't know if that varies with people.
Hi, sissiren. Why did you say the questions he asked were not actually behaviour questions?

The questions Rick asked weren't really behavioural in the sense that they weren't about past experiences, motivations or character. We talked about the people that got me interested in the industry, what some of CMU's past students are doing, how the field has evolved, etc. He slipped in occasional plugs about why CMU is the best too. It was basically a casual coffee chat without the coffee.

Just had an interview with Kelly - she was super nice :) Took around 20 minutes. The questions were behavioural only, nothing technical. Mostly about my professional background (university degrees and professional experience), where I head with my career, what would I do with my MSCF degree and so on. She even stated that the interview is to determine whether I fit into the program.
Maybe one question that wasn't behavioural, but nor technical - she asked me to tell her something about Eastern Europena markets, so I told her I do not really follow them and that I follow much more closely the American ones and then we talked a while about American market. :)
And at the end of the interview, she told me, that they will send out the decisions on April 8th and to hold tight till then.
Again, she is super nice, so don't worry at all, try to be relaxed and good luck to everyone!

Have CMU stopped sending interview invite for Round 2 ? Anyone got interview invite in past few days?

Maybe, cause all the slots for r2 have been closed and admission decision will be released on April 8. But will have interview for wait list and r3. Good luck!
Hi Lena, what do u mean by 'interview for wait list'? According to the tracker, I could hardly find anyone put into waitlist with an interview done.

Back