• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN Columbia MAFN 2011 joiners?

There are two reviews for the MAFN programs (one submitted this month)
http://www.quantnet.com/review-columbia-mafn-program/

One thing I notice is that most positive reviews are from domestic/white students who have an easier time getting jobs. While majority of students in these programs are international students from Asia, you will not likely hear anything bad from them.

If any admitted students who have contacted MAFN alum recently, please convince them to put out an anonymous review on Quantnet. It's impossible to form a complete view by reading just 2 reviews.

www.quantnet.com/submit-review/

Andy, I saw the review, dated 05/05/2011.
Do you know if the reviewer is a 2011 graduate of the program? Or an alum from a previous year?

Also

One thing I notice is that most vocal reviews are from domestic/white students who have an easier time getting jobs. While majority of students in these programs are international students from Asia, you will not likely hear anything bad from them.

Please explain further.

Would anyone who decided to attend the MAFN program care to tell us about their experience thus far?

Back