• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN Columbia MAFN 2021

I recently got an offer from Columbia MAFN and I am waiting on Columbia MFE (most likely an L tbh). For those of you going to Columbia MAFN how are you funding it (especially international students)? I am in desperate need of some tips. I am an undergraduate studying BSc Maths and Econ at LSE.

I recently got an offer from Columbia MAFN and I am waiting on Columbia MFE (most likely an L tbh). For those of you going to Columbia MAFN how are you funding it (especially international students)? I am in desperate need of some tips. I am an undergraduate studying BSc Maths and Econ at LSE.
You can check out prodigyfinance.com. They provide collateral free loans for higher education; available to international students as well.

For other financing / funding options, check with the admissions office once.

You can check out prodigyfinance.com. They provide collateral free loans for higher education; available to international students as well.

For other financing / funding options, check with the admissions office once.
Thank you!

I did stumble across Prodigy finance couple of weeks ago. I've seen some mixed reviews about prodigy finance. What is your opinion on them?

Thank you!

I did stumble across Prodigy finance couple of weeks ago. I've seen some mixed reviews about prodigy finance. What is your opinion on them?
I know friends who have taken loans from prodigy and they had a hassle free experience - both in getting the loan and in repaying it. Rates may sometimes seem high in comparison to banks but most people end up repaying within 3-4 years after graduation (prodigy doesn't charge anything for early repayments). So, it didn't matter too much in the end. Also, the USP for prodigy is the requirement, or lack there of, of cosigner and collateral. That is a huge problem for most people when funding education in the US, given the large sums involved.

But you should definitely do your own research and choose whatever suits your needs best.

I know friends who have taken loans from prodigy and they had a hassle free experience - both in getting the loan and in repaying it. Rates may sometimes seem high in comparison to banks but most people end up repaying within 3-4 years after graduation (prodigy doesn't charge anything for early repayments). So, it didn't matter too much in the end. Also, the USP for prodigy is the requirement, or lack there of, of cosigner and collateral. That is a huge problem for most people when funding education in the US, given the large sums involved.

But you should definitely do your own research and choose whatever suits your needs best.
I am currently in the middle of doing my research. Thank you for your opinion.

Back