• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN Columbia MAFN Waitlist

BTS

Hello Everyone!

I received an update from Columbia MAFN stating that I was placed on a short waitlist. I wanted to get a rough idea on how long it takes to give me a result, and what are the chances of getting an admit ?

Thank you so much!

Hello Everyone!

I received an update from Columbia MAFN stating that I was placed on a short waitlist. I wanted to get a rough idea on how long it takes to give me a result, and what are the chances of getting an admit ?

Thank you so much!
Hey, I was initially placed on the wl and then received an offer only 2-3 days later, so no worries, it is indeed a "short waitlist" :). BTW my offer was about a month ago.
And for people who did not receive any updates, will they still have a chance?
I'd say you still have a good chance since I remember they send offers at least till May (read it somewhere on their website I think). Also, the admission is rolling so perhaps they just haven't gone over yours yet.

Good luck to both of you!

Hey, I was initially placed on the wl and then received an offer only 2-3 days later, so no worries, it is indeed a "short waitlist" :). BTW my offer was about a month ago.
Hi, I got an email on 15th March informing me about my waitlist status and asking me to confirm my waitlist position by 23rd March.

Hi, I got an email on 15th March informing me about my waitlist status and asking me to confirm my waitlist position by 23rd March.
yeah, mine was pretty much the same. I confirmed my wl decision immediately and they sent out an offer only 2-3 days later. I have also seen a few other folks who were waitlisted and received offers a few days after they confirmed wl. I guess yours would be similar

I was in a very similar situation. I got waitlisted Feb 24 and then got admitted Feb 25. I did send an email to one of the program directors the next day expressing my interest too. I don’t know how much it helped but it definitely couldn’t have hurt.

I was placed on a short waitlist on 3.23 and got admit on 3.28. dont worry, in 1point3acres, it is like 80% people in waitlist get admit in a month

Is there anyone who has not heard anything from them till now? I submitted application in Feb, and no news.

Those who received admissions, can you please tell me when is the last date for you guys to give decision?

Back