• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN Columbia MAFN, who has got decision?

sad about the increase, but I will worry first about getting admitted. Anyone got any news on that?

Hi Guys, how did you see your TOEFL/GRE status? I logged in to https://apply.gsas.columbia.edu/apply/ and it was showed as "Submitted", I clicked into it and I didnt see the session for TOEFL and GRE..Am I missing anything? Anyone got the same situation?
you should click on "2013 fall" and open the application.

About the status, I received answer from GSAS. They have received my score reports but the program has not run yet so my status is still not updated.(i am not sure what program they are talking about)
They said my application will be reviewed using the scores I entered on the application.

you should click on "2013 fall" and open the application.

About the status, I received answer from GSAS. They have received my score reports but the program has not run yet so my status is still not updated.(i am not sure what program they are talking about)
They said my application will be reviewed using the scores I entered on the application.
so it doesn't matter if the official one is received or not? they will review your application anyway?

Did they tell you when they were going to review your application??
No

so it doesn't matter if the official one is received or not? they will review your application anyway?
This is what they said

We have not yet run the program which matches GRE and TOEFL's to applicants' files. The process may take several more weeks to be completed. The APPLICATION STATUS page will be updated to reflect receipt of those scores when the program has run. If the program has not been run before the department begins to consider applications, your application will be reviewed using the test scores you entered on the application, along with any uploaded copies of your score reports.

No

This is what they said

We have not yet run the program which matches GRE and TOEFL's to applicants' files. The process may take several more weeks to be completed. The APPLICATION STATUS page will be updated to reflect receipt of those scores when the program has run. If the program has not been run before the department begins to consider applications, your application will be reviewed using the test scores you entered on the application, along with any uploaded copies of your score reports.
It's just an official reply...

Things have been silent for a while. I wonder when they are going to send admissions again.

Things have been silent for a while. I wonder when they are going to send admissions again.
Me too, since there's a long period for them to review, so I don't expect the result coming out so soon, I am busy with my CFA level 2 and my last semester...

Has anyone heard anything more about this program? Many of the programs that I am applying to are so, so silent. Silent to be scary......

Has anyone heard anything more about this program? Many of the programs that I am applying to are so, so silent. Silent to be scary......
I have no idea, it has been silent for quite a while, it seems MFE program has done its admission

Actually they gave me the same answer. They also said "if you have got an offer from another program, we suggest you to take it".

Oh! Ditto! Hahaha, I got that too. I forgot all about Columbia as soon as I got that reply; do you think there's still some faint hope?

It seems this program can be extended to 1.5 years since 2013 Fall.
Sure. But the tuition per semester has rocketed from 21000 last year to 27000 this year. This somewhat offseted the joy I had from the extension news.

Back