• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN Columbia MAFN, who has got decision?

I'm in a bit of a dilema. My fiancé just got accepted to the MS in Marketing at Baruch (which is her favorite school). From NY I only applied to Columbia MAFN, but have not heard from them yet. Should I try to contact them to explain the situation so they make a decision sooner and we can start making decisions?

Actually we are going to go married our masters programs together even though one of us has to make a sacrifice so we can start out first year of marrige on a really cool way. Hopefully I will be accepted, I would hate to hold her back.

I sent them an e-mail. Let's see what happens.

Hi! Have anyone received rejection letter? I still haven't heard of anything, but I suppose that means something bad will happen……

Yeah. I submitted my application on Feb 26, yet heard any results from them.
I am wondering does this simply mean rejection..

Two days ago one guy rejected the admit offer, couple of hours later another guy got an admitted. Last year there was a lot of activity (admits and rejects) from May 31st to June 6th. Let's see what happens. Good luck to you all.

Two days ago one guy rejected the admit offer, couple of hours later another guy got an admitted. Last year there was a lot of activity (admits and rejects) from May 31st to June 6th. Let's see what happens. Good luck to you all.
So presumably, they will give out a lot of admits/rejects this coming week?
Fingers crossed

Tell me about it! I submitted my application almost 200 days ago! Next week I think it will be very active

Why will you turn it down? Maybe some of our opinions can help you make a decision ;)

Because I have already accepted another offer :)
I really like the Columbia brand name but from what I've been able to gather, this program seems very theoretical without much applications and I don't like their lack of transparency concerning the placement rates.

Back