• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN Columbia MAFN, who has got decision?

A little bit out of subject, have you ever wondered about the similarities between waiting for a decision you want and having a crush? For example: you find yourself thinking about the girl/university, the hurt of the rejection, stuff like that. lol

Wow, I finally got in! I'm happy on one hand, but not sure what to do now.
I accepted BU offer and feel like I've come too far with BU.

BU MSMF vs Columbia MAFN, where should I go?
I think BU has friendlier environment and takes care of their students very well. But, Columbia's big name is quite irresistible............
Congrats man!......if you are a fresher with not much we ...go to Boston....ivy league degree u can get later on as well.if u r experienced and considering it it terminal degree for a long period go for columbia mafn

A little bit out of subject, have you ever wondered about the similarities between waiting for a decision you want and having a crush? For example: you find yourself thinking about the girl/university, the hurt of the rejection, stuff like that. lol
totally great, and lol~~ but you know, there's always sth u can do to increase your chance of getting accepted by the girl. but as for admission process you can do much less..especially columbia mafn..

Well, I don't have any experience. But, I think Columbia will give me broader opportunities, I think. And, both BU and MAFN are more math-focused curriculum which I like. And, Columbia has rock solid program as well. I just like BU because they are more welcoming.
Mist honestly it's up to u.so did u receive a mail from gsas or director.by when do u have to reply.my only concern with mafn is that it is going much about doing things on your own.if u have no programming background, u won't improve much and that won't help you getting placed

Well, I don't have any experience. But, I think Columbia will give me broader opportunities, I think. And, both BU and MAFN are more math-focused curriculum which I like. And, Columbia has rock solid program as well. I just like BU because they are more welcoming.

I care about Columbia brand because it seems like financial industry cares quite a bit about where people studied.

I vote for Columbia as well.

Mist, I´m sure you will choose Columbia. You like it better and feel is a better choice for life. You just are taking your time taking the decision because it "hurts" to reject a program that you like and you feel it likes you back. (again with the crush/masters programs metaphor).

Anyone knows the person who got admitted to Columbia Mathfin latest? He/she updated the tracker application today (above UCB app). Inbox me if anyone does.

Nope, its regarding something else. I need to get in touch with this person and it's kinda important.

from tracker it seems two people(both anonymous) and if you are also going then a total three people are going so far...Hope this helps

Back