• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN Columbia MAFN, who has got decision?

Got rejected after 215 days y submitted my application.

Wondering if I should try again to get into a good uni next year or going to BU this one...

I think I will join BU. I actually love the plan of study. Yesterday I was just sulking a little.

What about you guys? What are you going to do??

I think I will join BU. I actually love the plan of study. Yesterday I was just sulking a little.

What about you guys? What are you going to do??

So far I have one offer, UChicago,Singapore campus..Dont feel like joining it...When did you get your rejection message yesterday.

I have nooo idea. Maybe if you don't have any rush in joining a program, you should try again next year.

I have nooo idea. Maybe if you don't have any rush in joining a program, you should try again next year.
The thing is i have some urgency my profile is similar to u except that i have 6 yrs of work ex and i happen to be a engineer

My application status still shows submitted :)...Does it ever change before rejection...

I just got my admission decision as waitlisted .... I guess the chances now are really really low at this point ....... I wonder why they still waitlisted me ..... I had submitted my application quite late on April 6th ..... I wonder what would have happened if I had turned it in earlier ....

Swarna I think they gave most of the admits around May end and June, so I am not sure whether that would have changed that much, but may be submitting very early on(Dec 12 or Jan 13) might have made difference.

I am not sure how many other candidates are on waitlist, but if its just 1-2 then you might get in as its quite possible that couple of candidates will choose not to attend.

I think they will out the decisions for all by this month end as their session starts sometime in August 2nd week if I am not wrong ...

ok, it has first orientation on 26th aug and classes start from 3rd sep. so there is still time

I wonder how they process applications...I submitted on March 1, and I got a decision in early May. Some people had submitted months ago (even last year) and are just getting their decisions now.

I think their process is really weird. If they give a long deadline of acceptance then decision at this stage could be an outcome of uncertainty about some of the student they have extended their offer to

Back